Emre ASLAN M. Sc. Student
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Titanium Carbide (TiC), Synthesis and Characterization
Supervisor: Assoc Prof. Dr. Buğra Çiçek
Titanium carbide, TiC is a light gray metallic colored carbide type with 20.05% carbon content. Titanium carbide (TiC) which has possess excellent properties such as high melting point, hardness, abrasion and corrosion resistance and excellent electrical and thermal conductivity. For instance, refractories, cutting tools, electronics, chemical resistant materials are all wide range of application areas of titanium carbide (TiC). Smaller carbide particles are high-cost material in order to produce fine-grained composites. The main purpose of this study is to synthesize lower cost nanoparticles by carbothermal and sol-gel method. The sol-gel method provides high homogenity in the chemical composition of the final product since the original components can be mixed at the molecular or atomic level using titanium (IV) butoxide (TBOT), acetylacetone (ACAC) and acetic acid (AcOH). Sucrose is selected as the carbon source. Because it can be completely decomposed into carbon and H2O. Thus, the C/Ti molar ratio in the Ti-O-C precursor can be completely fixed. The sol-gel technique combined with carbothermal reduction is a promising method for producing fine particle size and high purity carbide ceramics at a relatively low temperature.
 Synthesis and characterization of TiC nanopowders via sol-gel and subsequent carbothermal reduction process Xu Chen, Jinglian Fan⁎ , Qiong LuState Key Laboratory of Powder Metallurgy, Central South University, Changsha 410083, China
 Low-Cost Synthesıs And Consolıdatıon Of Tıtanıum Carbıde New Mechanochemıcal Process Delıvers Ultra Fıne Tıtanıum-Carbıde Powder For Use In The Fabrıcatıon Of Cuttıng Tools-Office of Industrial Technologies Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy U.S. Department of Energy Washington, DC 20585-0121
 Formation of TiC particle during carbothermal reduction of TiO2 Young-Chul Woo, Ho-Jae Kang, Deug J. Kim∗ Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, 300 Chunchun- dong, Changan-ku, Suwon 440-746, Republic of Korea Available online 5 June 2006
• Aslan, E., Turkmen Ates. T., Alturk, E., High Stability Perovskite Solar Cells Under Ambient Conditions. (2020). IET Renewable Power Generation, Volume 14, Issue 16, p. 3160 – 3163
• Turkmen Ates. T., Ozturk, S., Cırpan, A., Toppare, L., Yerli, Y., Aslan, E., Pıravidili Mucur, S., Alturk, E. Novel Benzodithiophene Type Low Band Gap Polymer Solar Cell Application and Device Stability Study with Atomic Layer Deposition Encapsulation Technique. (2019). Materials Research Express,6(10).
• Frohlich, K., Mikolášek, M., Subair, R., Nadazdy, V., Rosová, A., Precner, M., Tasaltin, N., Alturk, E., Tekin, E., Aslan, E., Turkmen Ates. T., Majková, E. (2019). Application of Atomic Layer Deposition for Fabrication of Solar Cells. ECS Meeting Abstracts, MA2019-02 (1144).
• Aslan, E., Turkmen Ates. T., Alturk, E., Fındik F., (2019). The Effect Of Methylammonium Iodide (CH6IN) Concentration on Stability of Perovskite Solar Cell. İstanbul International Organic Electronic Symposium, 2-4 December, (OEC42019), İstanbul, TURKEY.
• Aslan, E. (2019). Advanced wound care tape with nanoparticle-added conductive properties. Turkish Patent Institute Application, ITU TTO 2019 Review Under Protection, Digital Time Stam.
• Turkmen Ates. T., Aslan, E., Alturk, E. (2018). The Effect of Graphene Oxide On Stability of Perovskite Solar Cell. 3rd International Conference on Organic Electronic Material Technologies (OEMT2018), 20-22 September 2018 Kırklareli, TURKEY